- Direct Marketing
- Events & Promotions
- Sales Support
- Digital Media
- Identity Systems
A great story is a great story — and if you develop the story for your specific audience in an educational and non-promotional way (that also helps you achieve your marketing goals), you have really great ‘content’: Content can work for your brand on a number of different levels since it can be “sliced and diced” into various formats (written, audio, video) for any number of specific — and measurable — content marketing objectives.
In fact, a fall 2010 study by MarketingProfs and Junta42 showcased the efficacy of Content Marketing, finding that 9 out of 10 B2B organizations – regardless of company size or industry – use content marketing tactics to achieve their goals. Further, the 1,100 North American marketers they surveyed were said to have spent over a quarter of their budget on content in 2010 – with 51% of the marketers planning to increase their content marketing spend this year. The tactics preferred by these marketers, in part, include:
- Social media – excluding blogs (79%)
- Article posting (78%)
- In-person events (62%)
- e-Newsletters (61%)
- Case studies (55%)
- Blogs (51%)
- White Papers (43%)
- Webinars/Webcasts (42%)
- Print magazines (42%)
- Videos (41%)
Why does content marketing have such great appeal? Because the buyer/specifier you are pursuing is usually hungry for information that solves a problem or helps him/her do their job more efficiently and effectively. So, if you offer relevant and timely information on a fairly regular basis, it stands to reason that you will become an expert in their eyes – and, more importantly, a valued supplier.
In contrast, individuals today in the B2B space are inundated with promotional messages that do little to to engage them – plus they are just plain tuning it out. They increasingly seek information on their own, on their own timetable – and primarily through the Internet.
For more information on Content Marketing, check out my White Paper, and take a look at Marketo’s “Creating Content that Sells” white paper that zeros in on the use of content marketing for demand generation.
- Demand Generation
- Offer Strategies & Content Development
- Lead Generation Programs
- New Product Launches
- Sales "Funnel" Management
- Sales Support
- Public Relations
- Web Presence
Adventive Twitter Stream
- Interesting study on social media adoption in the B2B space. http://t.co/sfWdVNQ5 — 2 years 18 weeks ago
- Some good ideas via our friends at BMA Chicago. http://t.co/6oAGvPHx — 2 years 22 weeks ago
- Adventive Marketing *combines its strategic, creative *and digital capabilities to help organizations achieve... http://t.co/fQC9rR0Q — 2 years 25 weeks ago
- 1 of 56
FREE WHITE PAPERS
Recent blog posts
- Social Media Planning: A 6-Step Startup Guide for B2B Marketers
- Simple Trade Show Promotions to Boost Your ROI
- The Lottery, Adele and Authenticity in Social Media
- Content Creation: What Not To Do
- Ways Your In-house Marketing Department Benefit From a Full-service Agency?
- Determining the Right Content for Your Lead Nurturing Program
- Thought leadership without social media -- is it still possible?
- Is Your B2B Agency Equipped for Content Marketing?
- The Slice and Dice Approach to Content Marketing
- Social Media Metrics: The Challenge is What to Measure